Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Our First Day at Gifted with Mrs. Skipper

Today in gifted we had so much fun! We made an all about me poster. We learned about an artist named Jackson Pollock(Action Jackson.) We painted, splatered, dripped, and dropped just like him. You can create a painting like Jackson Pollock at www.JacksonPollock.org (click on the link to check it out!) In Science lab we did an experiment called Color Splash, it was awesome! We played a game called Dictionary Discovery and Whiz kids. Make sure you check out our blog every week to see what we did in gifted!
Thanks!
Mrs. Skipper's 1st graders

Some of our favorite things:
-The artist's corner
-Are you thinking?
-Color Splash!
-Crazy painting
-Dictionary Discovery
-Getting our hands dirty in art
-All about me posters
-I don't know....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved splattering paint in the classroom.

Evan Dodani

Anonymous said...

Dear Mrs. Skipper,I want to have a fieldtrip to Disney and Austalia!You are the best teacher ever! Kendall!!!