Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Bienvenue a la France



Welcome to France! Today we packed our passports and headed for France. We started by talking about what we know and what we want to learn about France. We spilt into partner groups and started researching facts to add to our France Journals. Here are a few things we learned: Paris is the capital city of France. There is a railroad that goes under the sea that connects to Great Brittian. France is the largest country in Western Europe. There is lots of traffic in the city of Paris. There is a game that is like hopscotch called Escargot(named after the famous french food!) It is 3,833 miles from Washington,DC to Paris it would take 7 hours and 25 minutes to get there on an airplane!



We started learning our numbers in French.
Later we "Met Monet" and looked at some of his beatiful paintings. We imitated his Impressionist sytle and painted our own scenes.
It was a great day in gifted!
Check out this cool website that we found last week: http://www.storylineonline.net/ One of our favorites is How Pigasso Met Mootisse!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an inventive way to get students excited about learning about other countries! I would have loved to participated in this lesson! :)

Melanie Holtsman said...

Looks like you guys had an awesome day! If I had known, I could have brought some croissants! What country will you study next?
Love,
Mrs.Holtsman

Anonymous said...

I am having so much fun with painting. My art class in Ponte Vedra is going to do Jason Pollack too cuz I told them to
Ishaan